Whole 30 Day Detox

Welcome! If we haven’t personally met yet, I am the Director of Nutrition at Kabir Center for Health here in Bloomington, IL. I assist clients in achieving optimal health by ultimately finding the right lifestyle balance. My motto is, “Progress, not Perfection!” My clients come to me for various reasons. From athletes looking to improve their performance to clients with chronic illnesses such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, allergies, celiac, etc. who are looking for relief. Through Nutrition Response Testing and other various tools, I determine the underlying causes of ill or non-optimum health and exactly what the bodies needs to heal. If you provide your body with the necessary nutrients via food and supplements, it will find balance. After all, food IS medicine!

The purpose of this blog is to invite you along on my Whole 30 Day Detox journey. What is Whole 30? I highly recommend that you visit www.whole9life.com to get an in depth view of this program. Essentially, it is 30 days of eating whole foods and eliminating processed foods and other highly allergenic foods such as, wheat, dairy, sugar, legumes, alcohol, caffeine, etc. I know you’re asking, “So what am I going to eat then?” The answer is that you will eat all kinds of wonderful fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, seeds, grains, and nuts! The idea is to rid your body of the foods that are most likely having a negative impact on your health without you even realizing it. Most of you ARE, however, realizing the effects of a diet high in processed foods and sugar, which is why you are here! The truth is, the foods that you will be eliminating are the reason why you feel tired, have allergies, gain weight, experience mood swings, and struggle with digestion issues.

I recommend that my clients detox at least once to twice yearly. 30 days of eating well, two times a year. That is only 17% of the whole year! Now, this doesn’t mean that you can eat whatever you want for the other 83% of the year, that is, unless you want to go back to feeling the way you did before the detox! I recommend eating this way the majority of the time. If you do, then the occasional treat or splurge meal won’t send your body into shock. Instead, your body will be in balance and will know exactly what to do with those non-optimal foods!

As I said before, I recommend this program to my clients and I certainly practice what I preach! I will be starting my own personal Whole 30 Day Detox program tomorrow and I couldn’t be more excited! I love the way I feel after this program and I look forward to it each and every time. I couple this program with detox specific supplements that aid the body in finding and eliminating toxins. These include:

*Nano Meal (includes protein, fruits/veggies, and Vegan Omega 3’s all in one packet!)

* Detox Support Packets

*Probiotic

**You can find all of the supplements that I take at Kabir Center for Health

I will be posting recipes, tips, and other tidbits that will help you along your own Whole 30 journey. My goal is to provide you with valuable information that you can use during your program and after!

If you are starting soon, I suggest you get started on planning what you will eat for the next week. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! Today, I will be preparing some meals, so I can easily heat them up for my husband and I after work. Leftovers also work great for lunch!       I will also be making some batches of my favorite spices. These are awesome to have on hand in case you are pressed for time. Sometimes all you need are some chicken breasts and a tasty spice mix.

I’m off to the store now! I will be back soon to provide pictures and information on my prepping strategy 🙂

~Dana

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s