In honor of my new Niece who was born today (yay!), I decided to try out some new recipes! This is what I made today:
Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Root Vegetable and Cauliflower Purée
Ghee (clarified butter and Whole 30 approved!)
Thai Curry Chicken (big hit in my house!)
I now have an arsenal for lunch and dinner this week. I also have extra chicken breast on hand and bison and shrimp to make easy dinners this week.
I borrowed the Pyro Seasoning, Ghee, and Thai Curry Chicken Recipes from Nomnompaleo.com, which is a site that I love! She has an awesome app that includes all of her recipes in an easy to read format and has a section just for Whole 30!!
I will post the recipes for the other items I made shortly!
Cannot wait to start my 30 day countdown!!!
Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Squash- I LOVE this Veggie!!!
1 medium Spaghetti Squash
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Cut spaghetti squash in half (hopefully you have been doing CrossFit or at least lifting weights because this is NOT an easy process. Be careful!)
4. Mince two garlic cloves and spread them on the inside flesh of the spaghetti squash
5. Melt coconut oil and spread on parchment paper
6. Lay both halves of spaghetti squash on parchment paper, flesh side down
7. Roast for 45 minutes
8. Remove for oven and let cool, 8-10 mins
9. With oven mitt, pick up each half and shred the flesh with a fork. It should be consistently of spaghetti noodles, hence the name!
10. Either mix with your favorite spice, protein, or sauce OR put in an airtight container and place in the fridge for future use like I did 🙂 Should be used in 3-4 days.